Shashvat Sansthan NGO
The scope of activities of the Shashvat Sansthan (the N.G.O.) shall be Rajasthan, but if required, it may extend beyond Rajasthan.
In order to facilitate establishment of Gram Swaraj free from consideration of caste, creed, class, sex and complexion, dedicated to humanistic and democratic values, entirely on “No profit no loss” basis, the main objects of the Shashvat Sansthan( the N.G.O.) shall be as started briefly hereunder:
- To work for removal of social evils such as use of toxic drugs, drinks and alcohol, child marriages, dowry-system, untouchability, caste-distinction, intra-caste preferences, post death feasts by the bereaved family(mrityu-bhoj);
- To impart knowledge and training to rural populace to grow herbs, to conduct research and to work for health related security to them by means of Naturopathy, Ayurvadic and Allopathic treatment facilities;
- To promote Gobar-gas plant, compost fertilizer manufacture and its use, solar stoves, flush toilet-system and provision of Common toilet Facilities to female populace.
- To commission and conduct schools for imparting Montessori education to children of backward sections of people, with foremost priority to children of Scheduled caste and Scheduled tribes.
- To commission and conduct children’s sport centers for the physical development and good health of the children;
- To open and conduct centers for providing industrial and vocational education such as electrician skills, tailoring, computer training etc. to rural as well as tribal populace and their children;
- To commission and conduct school and training centers for propagation of Rashtra Bhasha Hindi along with Sanskrit, English and their own languages(dialects).
- To work for basic adult education, informal education to women and children;
- To work for establishment of hostels for widows of martyrs and widows in general and working women and children of backward communities and scheduled caste and tribes and minorities.
- To ensure self-reliance in dress material and other textile utilities, promotion of pure and standard Khadi spinning and weaving, dying and printing, manufacture and repairs of tradition and “amber spinning wheels” will be taken up and aid and assistance commensurate with the project shall be solicited from Central Khadi and Village Industries Commission, Rajasthan Khadi Board, and like autonomous bodies of the Central and Sate Governments and other N.G.O.s so as to facilitate and sustain quicker development;
- To motivate rural populace to take to self-reliance and self-employment-generating measures such as organizing work-shops and establishing training centers for cottage industries, village level industries, related to products of rural and agricultural needs, educating the disabled people, widows of martyrs, members of scheduled caste and tribals to avail of benefit of governmental incentives, and the people in general category to avail of benefit of facilities provided by banking and cooperative sector;
- To encourage sale of rural industrial products through periodical hats and to propagate their uses in government and aesthetic institutions by organizing exhibitions;
- To work for environmental betterment by tree plantations, fodder and cooking cleanliness in wells and ponds with the governmental assistance and local cooperation;
- To propagate afforestations, resort to nurseries and train willing farmers to take up such schemes with the aid of governmental assistance so as to have better monsoon-prospects;
- To encourage farm-youths to take up training in repair of agricultural implements and automobiles through authorized working workshops of the industry in towns and cities;
- To arrange agricultural and rural industrial pilgrimage to enable exposure to diversification and better techniques adopted by rural and farming community in other parts of the country.
- To encourage people to have self-supporting cow-pens and cattle-breading and develop dairy industry through cooperative enterprise.
- To arouse national feelings of the people and national pride in good moral conduct and collective social and economic advancement of the entire village;
- To arouse interest of the international community in local traditional arts, Crafts, and folk entertainment arts;
- To motivate international community to undertake research in the cultural heritage of the rural people-especially tribal people;
- To promote tribal sports and games;
- To raise information-level of the people regarding the land rights and their Constitutional rights and obligations.